Thursday, February 7, 2008

Concave Buddha by Thomas L. Vaultonburg

I remember the morning I received a letter from legendary surrealist artist and underground publisher Bradley Lastname that he was going to publish my first book. My only problem was he wanted a book of 60 pages and I had sent him only 30 pages. Those were all the poems I had written in my lifetime that I thought were even passingly deserving of being published. But he insisted on doing a full-length book and encouraged me, in true dadaist style, to just write the rest of the pages as quickly as possible. So I did. I wrote the second half of my first book in the next two weeks and much to the chagrin of many veteran small press poets I had my first book at 21, consisting mainly of poems I had written as a teenager. On the cover is a work by the artist Joel-Peter Witkin

Concave Buddha by Thomas L. Vaultonburg
$3.85




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets