Thursday, May 25, 2017

Three New Letters From Atrocious Poems A To Z

Just mowed the back lawn with our old-fashioned push mower. Now I'm going to post a few new poems from my new book Atrocious Poems A To Z.

Gravity

Gravity is a force
That remains my enemy.
When it broke my grandma's
Antique vase I tried
To explain it was the true villain,
Not me.
However witnesses swore
It was my hand that bore
The vase to the floor,
And no one even saw Gravity.


In poetry, an apostrophe is a figure of speech in which the poet addresses an absent person, an abstract idea, or a thing. Apostrophes are found throughout poetry, but they're less common since the early 20th century.


Haircut

Haircuts are always
A gamble.
You amble in
And a stranger begins
Chopping your hair
Without pre-amble.

If you manage
To survive this, 
And don't end up
Hairless, your
Friends will probably
Still laugh and dis.


Jinx

You jinxed me, Jack,
When you stomped that crack.
Now my luck's turned kablooey,
And I'm harumphy and achooey.
A zipper has snagged my hair,
And a chihuahua's chased
Me from the comfy chair.
It's quite clear, methinks,
My Jack, you're a jinx.


Onomatopoeia is the formation of a word, such as cuckoo, meow, honk, or boom, by imitation of a sound made by or associated with its referent.

The book is here. And it looks great. But we still have a few days left in our pre-order campaign and no one has seen it. It will be debuted at the Rockford Art Museum June 9th. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets