Tuesday, January 6, 2015

AC/DC Back In Black Vinyl LP

We bought Back In Black three times when I was growing up. I remember hearing it for the first time at the company summer picnic which we had every year at the Rockford Speedway. The had a go kart track there,a nd the company gave us each a few tickets, and we spent the rest of the day badgering the grown ups who didn't want to ride for theirs. Anyway, the teenagers who were working there played Highway To hell and Back and Black all day on a loop. Even at 11 the dichotomy between Bon Scott's AC/DC and the new singer Brian Johnson was apparent, even if I didn't exactly know how. People were really floored and saddened by Bon Scott's death. My father made a point of buying both the American and Australian versions of all their albums, which were played rather steadily in our house. This is the copy of AC/DC Back In Black that should be arriving at my house any day now. I like the Super Saver tag on the cover.
,
The day we bough Back In Black I remember clutching the album expectantly in the car, and thinking "Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" was one of the funniest names of a song I'd ever heard.  This will be my fourth copy of Back In Black, excluding the compact disk. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets