Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thriller Video: The Silent Scream

Many of the 24 episodes of Thriller Video, hosted by Elvira, were originally episodes of Hammer House Horror, but not all the episodes of Hammer House of Horror were episodes of Elvira's Movie Macabre, as The Silent Scream was. That's why it's probably my favorite of the Thriller Video releases hosted by Elvira, and the first one I bought. If that rundown sounds confusing, try living inside my head. I believe there were 13 episodes of Hammer House of Horror, all dependably good. The Monster Club was shown on Movie Macabre, and is in the Thriller Video collection hosted by Elvira, but was not part of the Hammer House of Horror. Now that I look at the episode list of Movie Macabre, I realize The Silent Scream was never shown on Movie Macabre. Scream, Baby, Scream, Scream and Scream Again, and Now The Screaming Starts were, but not The Silent Scream. and None of the Hammer House of Horror episodes were. That makes sense, considering the Hammer House of Horror episodes were less than an hour long. I think because for 23 years now I have been watching a tape of the Monster Club with Elvira at the end hawking other Thriller Video releases that I conflated The Silent Scream with Movie Macabre, and The Monster Club with Hammer House of Horror. However, what is clear to me at this moment is that I own The Silent Scream in Beta from Thriller Video, and it is spectacular. 

November 21, 2014: Just unboxed this for the first time when I realized the Sanyo Betacord I bought two months ago actually works. In the first five minutes you get the IVE graphic and sound drop, iconic Elvira, Mistress of the Dark intro, and Hammer House of Horror show intro. It's playing smooth as bourbon. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets