Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 15th Is National Reginald "The Crusher" Lisowski Day

When I was a kid one of my favorite wrestlers was AWA Champion Reginald "The Crusher" Lisowski. I loved watching his matches on Sunday mornings. I am naming August 15th Crusher Day. I recommend everyone celebrate with a keg of Old Milwaukee and some turkey neck. 




Reginald “The Crusher” Lisowski (1926–2005) was one of the most popular wrestlers in AWA history and a genuine Upper Midwest folk hero. The South Milwaukee native was a three-time AWA World Heavyweight Champion and nine-time AWA World Tag Team Champion. Known for his gravelly voice, bleached hair, bolo punch and beer-drinking workingman persona, The Crusher promised to flatten “turkey necks” before celebrating with beer and a polka. He was inducted into the WCW, Professional Wrestling and Wrestling Observer Newsletter halls of fame.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets