Saturday, May 30, 2015

Three Short Poems From Detached Retinas

Pissed off a bunch of stuffy people on NPR, did cardio, took my heart meds, now all I have to do is wait for drowsiness to overtake me. Later today is Jack's first teeball game. Going to post a couple more of my poems from my second book, Detached Retinas, and wait to get tired. 

The Dictator

It's been too short a stay
Over you,
But if you don't mind I'll keep
My wrack and thumbscrew,
And also the map,
I made with a laugh,
Of your so-called borders.


Hello

"Hello, I'm Montgomery Clift,
Back from the grave to recommend
A most amazing product:
The New Phonebook.
yes, everything you've heard is true,
And many things you haven't heard
Are also true.
I have personally been receiving
And returning phone calls
Since March, which is amazing
Because I'm dead."


New Year's Eve 1995

It gets small again
So we order a pizza.
In March we were in love
With the classifieds
And in October picked apples.
But last week I found her in bed
Eating pizza with the delivery boy.
Tonight Dick Clark orders a huge
Ball to drop on New York City.
Shit, that was a year of my life.
-Thomas L. Vaultonburg

Nope, not tired at all. And the humidity is stifling. I still haven't bought a small air conditioner for the apartment. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets