Saturday, May 30, 2015

Three Short Poems From Detached Retinas By Thomas L. Vaultonburg

Pissed off a bunch of stuffy people on NPR, did cardio, took my heart meds, now all I have to do is wait for drowsiness to overtake me. Later today is Jack's first teeball game. Going to post a couple more of my poems from my second book, Detached Retinas, and wait to get tired. 

Cover of Detached retinas by Thomas L. Vaultonburg

Detached Retinas by Thomas L. Vaultonburg from Zombie Logic Press

The Dictator

It's been too short a stay
Over you,
But if you don't mind I'll keep
My wrack and thumbscrew,
And also the map,
I made with a laugh,
Of your so-called borders.


Hello

"Hello, I'm Montgomery Clift,
Back from the grave to recommend
A most amazing product:
The New Phonebook.
yes, everything you've heard is true,
And many things you haven't heard
Are also true.
I have personally been receiving
And returning phone calls
Since March, which is amazing
Because I'm dead."


New Year's Eve 1995

It gets small again
So we order a pizza.
In March we were in love
With the classifieds
And in October picked apples.
But last week I found her in bed
Eating pizza with the delivery boy.
Tonight Dick Clark orders a huge
Ball to drop on New York City.
Shit, that was a year of my life.
-Thomas L. Vaultonburg

Nope, not tired at all. And the humidity is stifling. I still haven't bought a small air conditioner for the apartment. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets