Monday, January 6, 2014

Elvira's Movie Macabre Episode 101: Joel M Reed's Blood Bath

Blood Bath Joel Reed
I discover as I grow older a lot of our life is only what we have imagined our life to be. A good example is the movie Joel M. Reed's Blood Bath. I remember seeing Blood Bath on Elvira's Movie Macabre sometime in the mid 1980's, late on a Friday night. Looking it up to verify this, Blood Bath did indeed appear on episode 101 of Movie Macabre on July 8, 1984; a Sunday if the program I consulted is to be believed. I loved this movie the first time I saw it. And a few years ago when I used to get actual movies in the mail from Netflix, I kept this DVD for several months. Sorry if you were waiting for it, but I must have watched it two dozen times in those months. 

You would think that having seen the movie that many times I could easily rattle off the plot of the three anthology segments, plus the opening and closing wrap-around, but I can't. Which is why I'll eventually have to watch it again, and why, when I do, it will seem like a new movie to me. 

January 27, 2018: After about fifty subsequent viewings, I can say the plot of the first story is a hitman who is done in by a "Tutti Frutti" singing joyrider, the second is about a daydreaming schlub who dreams his way to death, and the third is about a miserly slum lord who ends up forced to eat all of his money to survive after he is locked in his own vault. The most interesting things I have learned since I wrote the initial post is that Joel M. Reed wrote a book about Donals Trump in the 1980's. 






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets