Thursday, December 27, 2012

Memorial Day 2007

I always enjoyed watching AWA wrestling live from Boylan Central Catholic High when I was a kid. The Crusher, The Claw, Scrap Iron Gadaski. But then adolescence hit and I didn't watch wrestling again until I moved in with this roomate who watched it every Monday night. This was the late 90's so the war between the WWF and WCW was at it's height and I preferred WCW. I never enjoyed the story lines on WWF. They never seemed to advance. I was sad when Vince McMahon bought WCW because I knew there would never be any variety in wrestling again. Since December is all poetry month here at the blog here's a poem I wrote about my favorite wrestler, Ric Flair. There really is something liberating and life affirming about letting out a rousing "Woooooo." Try it sometime.


Memorial Day 2007 I went to my Window and Shouted "Woo, Woo, Woo," Like professional Wrestler Ric Flair during Your nationwide Moment Of silence. Those were the Only words I Uttered all day.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets